BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, April 25, 2011

Horse


  • Made out of 3/4 inch Eastern White Pine this piece measures approximately 8 and 3/4 inches tall and 7 1/2 inches wide.
  • It is stained with MinWax Puritan Pine and 3 coats of MinWax Polyurethane.
  • The back is 1/4 inch luan and is painted with Balck acrylic paint and finished with 3 coats of MinWax Polycrylic.
  • Comes complete with a wall hanging bracket.

I made this piece for a person who was very hard to make a gift for. She loves horses though, so then it took quite a bit of time finding the perfect horse pattern. When I make things for others, I work very hard in trying to match the piece to the persons tastes and likes. There were horses running, one rearing up, and several different head pieces.

I don’t know if she liked it or not, but it was one of my favorite projects to work on. When I attach a meaning to the piece I am making, it seems to make the project not only fun to do, but it will always hold a special meaning to me because of the person I created it for.

0 comments: