BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

P-40


  • This was made from scrounged 2x4’s from the construction of my parents house.
  • I forget the measurements, but the wingspan was about 20 inches or better.
  • The prop really spun and the wheels really rolled
  • Painted with various acrylics and finished with four coats of MinWax Polycrylic. I use Polycrylic on all of the toys since it is not toxic when dried and can hold up to years of abuse.

This was my first model that was done on such a large scale, I had made a bi-plane earlier on that had maybe a ten inch wingspan and the body was about 7 inches long. Just the right size for little hands to pick up and play with…lol.

The last one that I had was given away two years ago to my little buddy Conner next door. He loved it and had his Dad hang it from his ceiling like it's flying. Since then, he has graduated to radio controlled planes, but he still tells me he loves it.

0 comments: