BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, April 25, 2011

Wolf


  • This is a Dirk Boelman pattern that was in the magazine Scrollsaw
  • It’s been awhile since I have made one, so I can’t recall what the dimensions are so let’s call it approximately 10 inches.
  • It was made out of Eastern White Pine and stained with MinWax Cherry and finished with 3 coats of MinWax Polyurethane.
  • The back is 1/4 inch luan and is painted with Black Acrylic and coated with 3 coats of MinWax Polycrylic.
  • It’s completed with a bracket for wall hanging.

This piece was supposed to have additional decorations of feathers and beads to simulate a traditional dream catcher. I liked the finished piece so much without the decorations, that I omitted them.

This has always been a crowd favorite at the shows that I used to go to. The Wolf is just an incredibly strong subject matter and Dirk did a really great job capturing it’s essence.

0 comments: