BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Step Stool


  • This was another custom piece that was requested by a customer. Designing it was a lot of fun. She wanted a step stool that she didn’t need to bend down and move. Creating the handle was a little difficult cause I wanted it to have the kind of flow where it was substantial at the top, but thinned out towards the bottom. It still had to be structurally sound though, so I couldn’t go too thin at the bottom.
  • This was made out of 3/4 inch Red Oak and stained in MinWax Cherry if I am remembering correctly. Topped off with 4 coats of MinWax Polyurethane.

To make sure that it would support my clients weight…I weight tested it by standing on it and moving around the platform for an hour. I even jumped on it. At the time I weighed 285lbs., so I was pretty sure that it could withstand years of use with her weight of about 95lbs…lol

0 comments: